Terms & Conditions - Chobbs Barn
Please read these terms and conditions before booking at Chobbs Barn. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. The Occupier is the person named on the booking form, and he/she is responsible for the obligations and conditions of hire. The Occupier shall not pass the booking to another party and shall be in residence at the property during the whole of the letting period. The Occupier must notify us of any changes to the number of people staying at the property in writing before the booking starts.
2. Booking – A provisional booking can be made by phone or email. If you don’t have access to the internet or would prefer to discuss your holiday, please call us on 01379 873528 or email email@example.com. We will be delighted to help you with your booking but reserve the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
3. Payment – At the time of receiving your booking you, the Occupier, will be asked to pay an initial deposit payment of either 30% of the total of the holiday (unless it is less than 12 weeks prior to arrival in which instance we would require the full payment at this stage). We require this payment to be made either by credit or debit card (Please note, there is a 1.5% charge for all credit card transactions, there is no charge for debit card payments). Once payment has been made, this confirms your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions. Upon receipt of your payment we will secure Chobbs Barn and the requested dates and you will be sent an email to confirm the funds received. A receipt will also be sent to you, this will be the only receipt issued unless you request a change in the holiday booked, any amendments will incur a £25.00 administration fee. The balance of your holiday is due in cleared funds 12 weeks prior to your arrival date. We require that the balance is paid in full by either credit or debit card. If payment is not received by the due date, you authorise us to debit any card details that we hold for you with the applicable charge. If funds are not available when requested, the booking will be treated as a cancellation, the dates will be released and any reinstatement would be treated as a new booking where the full amount would be due.
4. Use of the property -
- The Occupier will usually have access to the property from 4pm on the arrival day.
- The Occupier must depart the property by 10am on the departure day.
- The Occupier must abide by the arrival and departure times provided by us.
- Chobbs Barn is a non-smoking property, failure to adhere to this could result in a loss of your damages deposit.
- Maximum occupancy 2 Adults + baby + dog.
- Stag or hen party groups are not permitted at Chobbs Barn.
The above conditions must be adhered to at all times.
The Owner reserves the right to terminate the Occupier’s stay if they or members of their party display unreasonable behavior, cause nuisance to other parties or damage to the property, or if the number of persons occupying the property exceeds the maximum stated. The contract is personal to the Occupier. The property shall not be used for any commercial purposes. This booking is granted by the Owner to the Occupier for the Holiday Period and is not intended to create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. The Occupier is granted the right to occupy the property for the holiday period specified but the Occupier has no right to remain in the accommodation after this time and shall not be entitled to any statutory security of tenure. In any of the circumstances in this clause no refunds will be made and you will have no further claim against the Owner.
5. What’s included: Electricity and gas where supplied to the property, are included in the rent. Bed linen and towels are provided for the number of people expected at the property but the Occupier should bring their own beach towels.
6. Inventory- An inventory has been provided at Chobbs Barn and any discrepancies are to be reported to us on arrival, otherwise the inventory will be deemed to be correct.
7. Damages Deposit- A damages deposit is required in cleared funds, a minimum of one week prior to your arrival date. We require that the damages deposit is paid in full by either credit or debit card. If you have not contacted us with payment of your damages deposit by the due date , you authorise us to debit any card details that we hold for you with the applicable charge (credit cards will be subject to charges as listed above). Please note: If you paid your damages deposit with a credit card, any charges levied on the card will not be refunded. The damages deposit is mandatory and entry to Chobbs Barn will be denied if we are not in receipt of the damages deposit in cleared funds prior to the arrival date, the booking will be treated as a cancellation and no refund will be given.
8. Cleaning and damage – The Occupier must agree to take good care of the property and its contents and on departure leave it in a clean and tidy condition. The £150 damages deposit will be refunded to the Occupier within 14 days of your departure from Chobbs Barn provided that the property has been left in a satisfactory condition. The sum is held to cover any losses, damage and additional cleaning charges that may arise if the property is left in an unsatisfactory condition however caused, but excluding reasonable wear and tear. The Occupier may not be charged for minor items but is responsible for all breakages and damages and the cost will be payable on demand. All damage, loss or breakage to the property or contents must be reported to the Owner as soon as possible. The Owner will repair the damage as soon as is practical. If after your departure we are not able to contact you to advise of any damages that may have occurred during your stay that require us to make a deduction from your deposit, we cannot guarantee the balance of these funds will be refunded within the 14 day time period. We will not be held accountable for any bank charges etc you may incur resulting in the late return of the deposit. In the event of damages caused by you, the Occupier, and your party during your stay costing in excess of the damages deposit payment you will be notified in writing of the amount owing. If we do not receive the funds within 30 days of your departure we reserve the right to debit any credit/debit card details that we hold on file for you for the outstanding amount. Please note: If we are awaiting a quote for repair/replacements of items, an extension of this 14 day timescale may be necessary.
9. Cancellations – Any cancellation must be made in writing. The Owner will seek to re-let the property for the period of the booking, and if successful the Occupier’s payment will be refunded minus a £25 administration fee. However, any change requested within 12 weeks will be treated as a cancellation and could be subject to the charges outlined below.If you, the Occupier, wish to cancel your booking you must do so by sending written confirmation. The written cancellation must be signed by the party leader. The cancellation takes effect from the day that the written confirmation is received. In the event of a cancellation and to compensate for the expense of processing your booking and for any loss that may result from being unable to re-sell the holiday, our cancellation fees are as follows. Where cancellation notice is given after the deposit has been paid and up to three months prior to the booking start date: 30% of the total holiday cost. Where cancellation notice is given within 12 weeks of the booking start date: 100% of the total holiday cost.
10. Liability – Subject to clause 11, the Owner shall not be liable to the Occupier or members of his party for any accident, loss, damage, injury, expenses, or inconvenience that may be incurred in connection with the rental howsoever suffered or incurred by the Occupier. We recommend that you insure for such loss.
11. Circumstances beyond the control of the Owner – Except where otherwise stated in these Conditions, the Owner shall not be liable for any change or cancellation which is a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond its control; for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions and epidemics.
12. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions purports to limit or exclude liability for personal injury or death as a result of the negligence of the Owner. Your statutory rights are not affected.
13. Complaints – We hope your holiday runs smoothly but if you do have a complaint it is essential that you report it immediately so the Owner can do their best to resolve it. We cannot accept claims for compensation lodged after departure as it is no longer possible to investigate the problem and take remedial action. Chobbs Barn is in an agricultural area and holidaymakers need to accept that there will occasionally be sounds and smells associated with countryside living that cannot be avoided. The Owner shall not be held liable for any sudden invasion of pests or breakdown of appliances although any breakdowns will be fixed as soon as reasonably possible. Under no circumstances will the Owner’s liability exceed the rental paid for the property.
14. Access to the property – The Occupier should permit the Owner access to the property at reasonable times for inspection or to carry out maintenance and repairs.
15. Descriptions – Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the property details on the website, all statements are made in good faith and are for guidance only. Photos and maps are for illustrative purposes only. The Owner cannot be held responsible for changes or mistakes beyond their control.
16. The Law – Any disputes between you and the Owner will be governed by the exclusive law of the English courts.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR BOOKING